As many of you already know, the past few weeks have found me experimenting with different settings on my camera. You also know that it has been a frustrating experience for me.
However, even though I will need to continue to experiment, practice and learn if I want to get good results “straight out of the camera”, there are many times that I can get acceptable results with software processing and manipulation.
This became clear to me as I uploaded the photographs that were taken in September of my neighbors Starfish Flower into my photography software program. Those photos were taken on different days over a period of two weeks. Many photos were taken with different settings, with different lighting and in different weather conditions.
I went through all of the photographs and culled the very dark or blurry ones out of the mix deleting them instantly. After picking out six photos that looked decent I started processing them.
I found that some of those images only needed a little contrast to make them more appealing. All of them needed to be cropped, some more than others.
In the end I was left with six images that were inserted into a collage that was not only acceptable but gave me good results.
Now, if only I can remember this when I’m experimenting then my frustration might be at a much lower level.
Please comment and share a time when you learned not to get frustrated because you remembered that the end result was going to be a good one.
Click here to view a larger version of the collage and to read about the Starfish Flower.