WARNING

WE HAVE MOVED. IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER ALREADY OF THE MAIN SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ISABELLA (CLICK HERE) FOR YOUR FREE 1 YEAR MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE

OTHERWISE, FOR ALL EXISTING MAIN SITE MEMBERS, PLEASE CLICK HERE

WE ARE NOW ALL IN THE ONE PLACE. THANK YOU

Knock, knock

How many books do you own? What do you do when not sniffing paint, or leaning off tall buildings getting 'that' snap? This forum is for all life, jokes, general chitchat and gossip....we love gossip!!!!
Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Knock, knock

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Wed May 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Anybody in?

My adventures have taken me to far away places. But there is no place like home. Wanted to stop by and chat.

rudyumans
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by rudyumans » Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 pm

I am here. What far away places are you talking about?

IsabellaShores
Site Admin
Zodiac: Aries

Post by IsabellaShores » Thu May 03, 2018 4:11 pm

ooo far away places? Sounds fun!
------------------
Isabella Shores, FRSA
O.A.M. Founder (aka The Big Cheese)

Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Wed May 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Ha, I wish it had been real, far away places, the kind you are thinking of, but alas, it was "deep dives into the dark side of the lens". The outcome is a series of technical workshops for our local photography club. We finished one of them, on exposure, last night.
Way too exhausting for old folks like me. The trips took me through a pile of camera manuals. I now know better the thinking of the current crop of designers at the various camera manufacturers. Years ago I used to meet some of them in various places around the world, but those days are gone.

With Abbie doing some major refurbishing around here, I was reminded that I should have pointed out a language problem long ago. On this side of the pond the word "pitch" when used as a verb generally means to toss, as to toss aside like garbage, but also to toss the ball in baseball - that funny "sport" played by Americans dressed in pajamas by mostly standing around a field. So, to pitch a manuscript is to throw it out and give up on it. Not exactly the meaning intended on this site.

And while I'm on the topic, my old eyes can't find the door to this group anymore on the OEM main site. If I hadn't seen a link on Kathy's challenge I'd be lost. Congratulations, Kathy! Two hundred is an impressive anniversary!

IsabellaShores
Site Admin
Zodiac: Aries

Post by IsabellaShores » Wed May 09, 2018 7:28 pm

It is also used in press agencies the world over to toss out an idea. Often in ad agencies looking for work

It is the word I wanted here

You sound like you have had a very learned time!!
------------------
Isabella Shores, FRSA
O.A.M. Founder (aka The Big Cheese)

Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Thu May 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Still totally exhausted. Also built a couple of websites and sketched out some article ideas. I did, however, neglect my own sites and tasks. Lot's of catching up to do. I will get some ideas together to pitch to you. Then you might decide to pitch them. Hey, English is not my native tongue, I still can't understand how any kid can learn it as a first language. ;-)

KeppenArt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KeppenArt » Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 pm

It's easy for kids to learn English as their first language if that's what they hear all the time. Now writing and reading it is another issue altogether. LOL

And Ludwig......I had to e-mail Abbie today to get the link to this area!

Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Thu May 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Abbie has a way of redecorating this place that causes confusion. I suppose, Abbie, that is intentional. They "rear door" is there for the cognoscenti, the rest of us ...

Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Thu May 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Kathy, I have been meaning to send a bouquet for your determined writing challenge. But I have only wilted flowers on this machine ...

Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Time flies .. even if you're not having fun. So we might as well live it up! What is everybody doing?