Welcome!! please register to see all our forums and to join in!

This site uses cookies – small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers

First Assignment January 2018 - Patterns

Check in here for our Monthly fun assignments
bposnerimages
Editor
Zodiac: Cancer

First Assignment January 2018 - Patterns

Post by bposnerimages » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:36 pm

This first assignment is an easy one PATTERNS

Patterns are a great theme in photography. Once the pioneer photographers got beyond rendition of reality in the form of portraits and landscapes and got more creative, patterns became a hot item.
You can do patterns in full color and in Black and White. BW patterns have the advantage of focusing on the shapes and contrasts, so BW is a great way to put the attention on the pattern itself and obtaining an abstract photo.

Patterns are everywhere: in flowers, in leaves, in forests, in fields, in clouds, in stars, in waves, in rocks, in tissue and cloth, in architecture, in vehicles and road markings, in skins and fur, in animal groups, in groups of humans, in rain droplets, in snowflakes, whatever.

So the real point about patterns is learning to see them and frame them inside our camera.

Patterns can also be generated with mirroring, like a kaleidoscope, of by assembling items in a photo editor in a pattern-like way.

So the subject is all open to your imagination and does not require a specific lens or camera.
READING ABOUT PATTERNS

http://digital-photography-school.com/u ... -and-patte...

http://photographypla.net/patterns-in-photography/

www.picturecorrect.com/tips/tips-for-us ... erns-in-ph...

www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/ ... in-nature/

IsabellaShores
Site Admin
Zodiac: Aries

Post by IsabellaShores » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:29 pm

Ohhhhh I shared this.... Very exciting
------------------
Isabella Shores, FRSA
O.A.M. Founder (aka The Big Cheese)

IsabellaShores
Site Admin

Post by IsabellaShores » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:14 pm

I am not sure this first one fits. But I thought it looked very abstract and patterns can be abstract(?)

Anyway. This was taken with my normal tool of choice, a OnePlus phone

If no good I will do something else later
sheetsbnwsmall.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
------------------
Isabella Shores, FRSA

Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Here is my contribution to "patterns". I think there are a whole set of overlapping patterns here.

IsabellaShores
Site Admin

Post by IsabellaShores » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 am

Here is my second one. This is from my new chair
pattern.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
------------------
Isabella Shores, FRSA