Welcome!! please register to see all our forums and to join in!

This site uses cookies – small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers

Art as Decoration

Just a place to hang out
Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Art as Decoration

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 pm

There is a draft article in the dashboard that I wanted Abbie to look at, but now with Dorothy's two posts on color and art, I am having second thoughts. My topic was basically about the use of art as decoration. A ghastly thought, but Dorothy has no qualms.

The trigger for my thought was the new FAA/Pixels feature of showing the art in "environments". Maybe I should change my thinking and expand my story to claim that art is always used as decoration. Even a gallery curator decideds what "looks good" in a room and along with other pieces.

Any arguments?

IsabellaShores
Site Admin
Zodiac: Aries

Post by IsabellaShores » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:12 pm

I will leave it to you but don't stop posting something just because someone else has the same theme

I really have no arguments
------------------
Isabella Shores, FRSA
O.A.M. Founder (aka The Big Cheese)

Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Thank you Abbie for publishing my article. I smiled at your comment. There seems to be a problem, however. Nobody else knows of the article. It does not show on the OAM home page, it is not in the Art topic list, it was not in the email news. I had no idea that we can hide posts ;-)

Ludwig-Keck
Editor

Post by Ludwig-Keck » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Figured it out. There is a story there. A story for the team, not for public distribution. Not yet sure where to tell this tale.